Thursday, March 22, 2012

A boy, a pig, and a great big God…

This was a super year at the fair! Riley had his first hog experience with, Skittles our beloved swine. And even better his BFF Chan led the way with a major charity effort to help out a hometown boy and his family. While, seeing Riley out in the ring doing everything he could to catch the judges attention without ever looking at him was a proud moment that was not the best part.

I was overwhelmed when God showed up on a Wednesday afternoon in a horribly ventilated, old aluminum arena filled with over 300 hogs and their owners. Our buddy Chan who had decided to donate his earnings to a local teen suffering from cancer so he could “do something fun” led the way for nearly a hundred more donors to give from their hearts as well. My family had prayed that his selfless act would be viewed as a blessing from God, but that was just the beginning. Somehow the auctioneer got wind that the money was being donated the community stepped up and the bids kept coming in. We were in tears when we thought the pig sold at $8. a pound. When it reached $37 we were speechless, and it kept on going. The last count at sale closing was $75.19 a pound and I believe they were keeping it open until Friday.

I love that the God I serve can take a dirty, old mean pig and turn it into an amazing testimony and a huge blessing for so many.

Read more here:

http://www.wcjb.com/local-news/2012/03/pig-sale-donation

016

 

We are not trying to please men but God, who tests our hearts. I Thessalonians 2:4b

1 comment:

  1. I wish we were all as obedient to God as Chan. I love that kid and I'm proud of him. Jennifer said, "he's giving Corbin the money and God the glory." Amen.

    ReplyDelete