Sunday, April 1, 2012

Easter Egg Time…

We LOVE to color eggs at my house. Every year we get the standard PAAS Easter egg kit and our tiny little copper-colored egg scooper-upper and head to the picnic tables. I know there are fancier ways and this is messy but it’s how I remember doing it when I was a kid and now my kids have a blast! As long as they enjoy it, we’ll keep on doing it the old-fashioned way.

027

keeping an eye on the cups to make sure they are ready

030 

the fizzy stuff is fascinating

038

OK, so maybe I forgot to wash hands first-it added depth to the color!

040

perfecting the double dipped egg

Side-note Ansley went to her first concert last weekend. Francesca Battistelli! It was so fun, to watch her sing and dance along with her favorite singer, who just happens to be a Christian artist singing positive, praise-filled music. Love it!

015

 

I will sing of the Lord’s great love, forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through generations. Psalm 89:1

3 comments:

  1. I'm not the greatest momma when it comes to coloring easter eggs. For years I avoided it like the plague..then I found "The egg spinner". Way less mess and they look tie-dyed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to go see Francesca! I love her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We colored eggs this way too! My kids don't care about how fancy the final version turns out, they just love the process!

    ReplyDelete