Friday, January 13, 2012

i {heart} publix….

Publix

Really, I do. I began couponing about 6 months ago, because it was summer, I had time, and why not? It’s free money for goodness sake,all you have to do is cut it out, or print it and cut it out. Anyway, back to Publix, I know there are a lot of Wal-mart fans and even a few Winn-Dixie lovers but Publix is clean, well-stocked, clean, convenient, clean, and you really can’t beat their BOGO’s---did I mention clean? If you couple their BOGO’s with your coupons you end up with items for way less than 1/2 and I am just not going to pass that up. For example, Juicy Juice--bottles not boxes, because 3rd graders don’t drink juice boxes!  Normally they retail around $4.50 or so for a 6 pack. They are 2 for $5. right now use your .55 cent off coupon found here when you sign up and you have 2 and 1/2 weeks worth of juice bottles for less than the regular cost of 1 pack. Smashbars another biggie for the 3rd grade set retail around $3 a box, BOGO right now coupled with my $1. off here, they are now about $1 a box! Yipee!! I find most my coupons and match-ups at www.truecouponing.com. I buy one Sunday paper a week, my loving hubby brings me two more stacks of coupons from work, and we exchange at church. I faithfully shop all Publix sales and visit the Wal-mart when necessary for non-sale gotta have right now items, but this rare anymore.  This keeps me pretty well stocked. If I could just get that island finished…
OK, I got lots of good deals tonight and am running on a coupon high. So, bottom line I spent $113.12 SAVED $111.00, not my all time best but nothing to sneeze at considering I stocked up on lots of essentials.
Side-note for my husbands thriftiness, my whole family ate at Moe’s tonight (yum) for $10.52, since City employees get 50% off this month. Yay me!
A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold. Proverbs 22:1

2 comments: