Saturday, May 12, 2012

Kids say the darndest things… 1st Edition

Ok, I love to read what other people’s kids say and being a preK teacher I hear all kinds of interesting things on a daily basis. My home is no exception, I thought I would share some of the conversations that I have had this week with my own kids…
041
Me (screaming across the house): “Ansley, please check if we need to buy cat food!”
Ansley: “How?”
Me: “Just look in the bucket and see how full it is!”
Ansley: “I think we should buy some because it’s only a quarter or a dollar of the way full.”
010
Riley: “What bag are we taking to the zoo, can you put my money in it?”
Me: “Of course, put it in my wallet inside the flower bag”
Riley: “You really need a panty bag to hold your money”
Me: “Huh?”
Riley: “You really need a panty bag”
Me: “No son, I heard what you said,  what in the world are you talking about?”
Riley: “You know one of those little square bags that you wear around your middle”
Me (choking on my Cheerios): “ Son, that’s called a fanny pack”
Riley: “Oh yeah, one of those.”
183
Me: (while watching Chronicles of Narnia): “Now the lion represents God, the kids aren’t trusting in God right now so he isn’t showing himself to them just like when we go our own way…(insert ridiculously long theological lecture)”
Ansley(seconds later): “When will Avalanch (the lion) come back?”
Me: “No honey, his name is Aslan and he represents God…(right back into the mommy speech)”
Ansley: “Oh right, So is Avalanch a good guy?”

Ansley: (we’re still watching that movie): “Catapults are so 90’s, I can’t believe that’s their go to weapon”
**note—still too young for this movie
108

He has made everything beautiful in it’s time, He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they can not fathom what God had done from the beginning.” Ecclesiastes 3:11

3 comments:

  1. I laughed so hard reading this!! Your kids are so funny and I am rolling over the visual image of you wearing a panty pack ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you have too many bags when....your son suggests you need a panty bag! LOL Great conversations. Loved 'em.

    ReplyDelete