Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pinkalicious Pumpkin

 

Ok, so maybe I’m not keeping up with this quite like I should but I’ll find that balance soon. Our school library is hosting a pumpkin decorating contest and Ansley MUST enter. She is partial to all things advertised, whether it is a circus or wrinkle-cream, if there is a flyer she must buy it or be part of it. This endeavor seemed like fun so off to Michael’s we went in search of perfect pumpkin supplies.

Our task was to create a pumpkin based on the child’s favorite literary character. The first part was easy—Pinkalicious. She has been part of our family for several years and we love, love, love the entire series.

Next we needed to acquire all the trappings needed to create said literary character, without spending a ridiculous amount of money that would need to be justified to Daddy.

101_7880

Everything we needed for just over $20.00

101_7892

The most important part, the crown

101_7894

Those are really big scissors!

101_7898

Ta-Da! The finished product.

She did the majority of the work, which is essential for any project that my kids are going to put their names on and really enjoyed it.

Not bad for a Sunday afternoon project…

“When my spirit grows faint within me, it is you who know my way.” Psalm 142:3

No comments:

Post a Comment