Thursday, February 9, 2012

I remember when…

Valentine’s Day was so much easier! There were not 18 other kids (per child) to make goodie bags for, or my own class of 19, or two amazing school teachers,  plus 2 equally amazing Sunday school teachers, 14 other immediate co-workers, and all the other lovely people in my life that need recognized. Don’t get me wrong I love doing these things, it’s fun… But it sure was easier when it was just the kids and me and some simple do it yourself ideas. Maybe I was doing it wrong back then or maybe it was the lack of Pinterest? Anyway, this edition of I remember when is dedicated to the simpler Valentine’s day’s—so simple in fact there really wasn’t a lot of documentation!

2005-2006 530

2006 Grandma gave them tons of beads, this fun lasted for days. We still have some in the playroom, that are used for tie down straps for trailers and dollhouse decoration.

2005-2006 529

A

2007 233

2007 we made surprise color play-dough and used cookie cutters to make hearts. We also added 2 more stuffed animals to the pack, which are still on their beds.

2007 234

A

2008 080

2008 014

2008 the year of the giant lady bug (which now lives in my loft at school) Look at those cuties! It was also Riley’s first year at Pre-K with super sweet Mrs. Franne and Mrs. Angie!

2008 082

A

Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins. I Peter 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment